Tuesday, April 2, 2013

'The Lives of Others' -- Castle 5x19


Warning: Spoiler Alert

I'm not altogether sure that I'm happy with Beckett and everyone for tricking Castle with the whole Rear Window thing. I am prone to pulling pranks myself, but there has always been a line that I think that shouldn't be crossed. Like I won't mess with someone's things if it's something that I can't replace (whether cuz of how much it costs, or cuz of the sentimental value), and making someone think that someone has been killed ... that is something that is not cool (and not just cuz the person you are tricking into thinking that someone was killed is going to be disturbed by what happened and worried about everything). And the fact that everyone was in on it and was lying to him about everything for so long when they knew that he was genuinely worried about what was going on across the way ... that just seemed to be something that would have been uncalled for.

I just can't even really think of anything else to say about this episode, cuz I am still annoyed with the characters for lying to Castle and making him think that something was going on (and scaring him that something truly awful had happened to someone, and that something awful was happening to Beckett). There are such better pranks out there that they could have done with resorting to a fake murder that they made him think was real.

No comments: