Sunday, January 20, 2013

'I Need Light' -- Ripper Street 1x01


Warning: Spoiler Alert

Oh, I have a feeling that I'm going to adore this show. Yes, it kind of reminded me of "Copper," but I don't see how it couldn't have (what with the two of them both having the same kind of visual feel to them, and both of them being about police detectives). And because of the fact that they reminded me of each other, I kept wondering if Erin had seen the episode (since we have had some fannish moments over "Copper").

I want to know what the heck is going on with Jackson and Long Susan, cuz there is obviously something going on with the two of them. But it was only the first episode after all, so we probably aren't going to find out what is going on with them for a while. I can't even think of what it is that they might be hiding from at this point, unless it has something to do with him as a doctor. I really hope that we don't find out that he is Jack (and that she knows all about it), cuz that would seem kind of like a cheap way out for the mystery of who Jack is/was (and to have him be Jack, and to have him be there in Whitechapel, helping the police, doesn't seem like it would be entirely smart on his part)

There seems to be a bit of tension between Inspector Reid and his wife, and I get the feeling that it might have something to do with all of the hours that he's probably put in at his job (and maybe even more specifically with the ripper case). I would imagine that she would love having him home far more than what he actually is. There may be more to it than that, but that is the feeling that I'm getting at this point about it.

I'm still not sure what I think of Drake at the moment, other than to think that the man is a complete bulldog. I have a suspicion that he is going to be the muscle of the show, but I'm kind of hoping that they don't keep putting him in bare-knuckle boxing matches. That would get rather old pretty quickly.

No comments: