Wednesday, June 18, 2014

'The Children' -- GoT 4x10


Warning: Spoiler Alert

Yes!! We got to see a bit of one of the Children at the end of the finale. I fear that we won't see much of her after this point in the show, but I am at least glad that she appeared in there for a little bit (even if I could have stood for her a little bit more).

I was very disappointed, however, that there was no appearance by Coldhands on the way to them getting Bran to the Three-Eyed Raven. I feel like it would have been all kinds of fun to be able to mess with some of the people who haven't read the books, and make it sound like he was actually Benjen (I know that there are people who are completely convinced that Coldhands is Benjen, but I still have not seen enough evidence to make me think that he could be ... I still think that Benjen is alive, and I have a theory about what it is that he's doing). I am kind of curious as to why the writers wouldn't have introduced Coldhands into the story, but at the same time, they had so many other things going on that I don't doubt that they wouldn't have had time to deal with him on top of everything else that they were trying to pack into the season.

But at least Bran has finally made it to where he needs to be, so I guess I can't complain too much, right?

Another character that wasn't introduced that should have been there (and who would have blown people's minds) was Stoneheart. I can understand not bringing Coldhands into the story, but not bringing Stoneheart ... that one doesn't make quite as much sense to me, since there is stuff going on around that character (and she does make things happen, as well as the fact that her very existence makes you wonder about the very nature of the White Walkers (what makes them and how much they remember of their previous lives) ... plus, like I said, her appearance was kind of mind-blowing).

I was also happy to finally get to the scene with Tyrion killing Tywin, cuz I have been waiting for that for a while. No lie. Tyrion is the only one of the Lannisters that I've liked, and it was nice to see him get a bit of revenge for everything that has been happening to him all of his life ... even if he did still have to make a hasty getaway in the end (but how would he really have been able to stay in King's Landing after killing his father ... even if that is the only murder that he legitimately did).

I kind of wanted to shake Arya for not going along with Brienne, but at the same time, I'm really glad that she didn't (knowing what's going to happen with her later on ... which I'm completely psyched about seeing happen, since it's legit awesome).

No comments: