Thursday, March 5, 2015

'Not Just a Pretty Face' -- Suits 4x16


Warning: Spoiler Alert

I kind of wish that I could say that it was a surprise that Harvey refused to expand on telling Donna that he loved her (and acknowledge what he actually meant by it), or that she decided that she was going to be Luis's secretary, but the writers seem to have been building up to that for a while (both that Harvey wasn't going to act on any feelings that he might have for Donna, as well as Donna starting to work for Luis).

There is a part of me that hopes that now that Donna is going to be working for Luis that Harvey will actually act on how he feels for her (since there won't be any messy "you're my secretary and my SO" thing going on), but I still don't see it happening. I get the feeling that what will probably happen is that he will do something significant that will convince Donna to start working for him again, and the two of them will end up back in a status quo (so that we can have the dynamic of the top lawyer and the top assistant kicking ass and taking names together). I really hope that that isn't what's going to happen. I have the feeling that Donna and Luis would make a fantastic team together, and Luis would give her the appreciation that she wants from a boss (in that he will tell her how much she means to her as well as showing her), and I have a feeling that Donna will be really good for Luis (not just as a friend, but as someone who will look out for him and do her best to make sure that he doesn't do something stupid). I'm looking forward to seeing the two of them work together in an official capacity, since I'm sure it's going to be entertaining.

I'll also admit to the fact that I kind of want to see Harvey scramble to try and replace Donna. I want to see him struggle without her and have it thrown in his face how much he really loves her, and how much he wants her to be the SO (even if he does appreciate her, even though he doesn't say the things that he feels). But even if he does realize how awesome she is, I get the feeling that a part of him has been taking her for granted, assuming that she would always be there, and that she would never leave him (despite knowing that she's in love with him, and that she would like something more from him). It would be really nice to see him get shaken up over her and have it force him into action (especially since he usually has such an easy time when it comes to women).

Good on Harvey and the kids figuring out how to take down Forsman, cuz the guy was a smarmy git, and I will be kind of glad to not have him hanging around anymore causing trouble (or giving people someone to go to when they want to play at being Faust). And yes, I am counting what the kids did as part of what led to Forsman getting his ass handed to him, since it was their work that eventually led to Harvey getting himself wired up and having Forsman talk too much and get himself caught. You would think by now that bad guys would realize that you don't talk too much about the bad things that you have done, cuz it will only end up getting you in trouble. Apparently, not enough of them have watched old movies where that happens all. the. time.

And finally getting an actor that is the face of Harvey's brother! I would love to know a bit more about his family dynamic through flashbacks, but I think that they're doing a good job with stringing that information out a bit, since it's probably what is making me more interested his life from when he was younger.

No comments: