Sunday, April 12, 2015

'Hibernaculum' -- Grimm 4x17


Warning: Spoiler Alert

MotW ... even more so than normal this week. Normally, I have no problem with that, but this one didn't really grab me and felt a bit more like filler. But I will admit that the Varme Tyv had me thinking that maybe that could have been where the legend of the vampire came from (which may have been partially what the writer was going for).

I kind of wish that Nick hadn't been there when Juliette when to see Monroe and Rosalee, if only cuz I want Juliette to get her footing back, and I get the feeling that she won't as long as she keeps hearing from or seeing Nick; I also get the feeling that she may have been able to get something close to what she has been looking for from Renard, if she had been able to talk everything out with just Monroe and Rosalee (cuz let's face it, they are the den mothers of the group). But having Nick not be there would mean that we wouldn't have the drawn out torture that is Juliette wrapping her head around what she is now. And I don't think that there's going to be anything that either of them is going to find that is going to reverse what's happened (not if a hexenbiest that already knows what she's doing has said that there isn't a way), but I'm glad that she got at least something from them as far as reassurances go (even if it was just them saying the words). Maybe it's through the two of them, and their efforts to try and help her, that we'll get a Juliette that's ready to come to terms with what's happened and willing to come back to the gang. That may not be the way that it happens, but it seems like it's a viable solution.

Speaking of Monroe and Rosalee being the den mothers of the group ... can I just give Monroe a hug now? Yes, he's a Blutbad, and they're supposed to be scary, but he's just a big softy and went through something pretty traumatic. I'm glad that Rosalee gave him his space at first, but came back and made sure that he was ok later on, and that he told her what was really bothering him. I JUST NEED TO SQUISH THE TWO OF THEM UNTIL THERE IS NOTHING LEFT!!!!

I get the feeling that the writers may be gearing up to really fuck with Renard, and I'm perfectly ok with that. I ♥ Renard to no end, which is probably part of the reason why I want horrible things to keep happening to him. I think that we're supposed to think that the hands that came grabbing for him were Satan's (of the pitchfork variety), but I have a feeling that it's going to turn out to be nothing like that at all. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that any Satanic figure that comes across in his fever dreams is nothing more than his own subconscious trying to grapple with what's going on with him. If he does end up meeting up with Death, or Satan, or some angelic figure, I have the feeling (or at least, I hope) that it will turn out to be someone that looks quite ordinary ... someone that you wouldn't be able to pick out in a lineup, and you would walk past on the street without knowing who or what the person really is (much like "normal" humans do with Wesen all the time).

No comments: