Sunday, November 8, 2015

'Clear and Wesen Danger' -- Grimm 5x02


Warning: Spoiler Alert

I have the feeling that the writers want us to believe that it's the kid that's in the locked room that was at the end of the episode, but I really don't believe that it was her. I think that it's going to turn out to be Juliette. Yeah, I'm even more convinced that Juliette is alive, and that we're being led around by the nose (and the writers really want us to think that she's dead).

Maybe the kid is going to turn out to be in the same place, but somewhere else in whatever facility that dude Nick has been in contact with is camping out in, or maybe she's somewhere else; I'm not really sure where the kid may be.

And the more that I think about it, the more uncertain I am that Chavez was even after the kid. Wouldn't it make a cool twist if they were after Juliette the entire time, after finding out that she had turned into a hexenbiest, and they wanted to use her against the royals? It would certainly be a better plan than using the kid to get close to them, what with the way that the king had a thing for hexenbiests ... what if other members of the family also have things for them, and that "thing" can be exploited by the resistance?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Adalind say last season that she had checked, and the baby was completely human? As in that it didn't have any hexenbiest or Grimm abilities? Or am I completely misremembering what happened? Maybe the writers are just preparing us for changes that may happen later on with him? And maybe the fact that he was named after Nick's mom might also be an indication that he might have some Grimm abilities at some point? Or it's possible that I'm wanting there to be clues, so I'm finding them where there aren't any.

And if the resistance now has Diana and Juliette (and possibly the kid), I'm wondering if they might be planning on using them in conjunction with each other. After all, the two of them are both really powerful in their own right, and using them together would certainly make things interesting.

But then, maybe I'm just seeing what I'm wanting to see. Maybe it really is just the kid in that locked room. If it were Juliette, dude would probably have been hurt much worse if/when he came out of that room. He might have survived without an issue if it were the kid (having had more training than she has in how to fight).

Hopefully, we'll find out pretty soon who's behind that door, so I can stop speculating.

No comments: