Friday, October 31, 2014

'Thanks for the Memories' -- Grimm 4x01


Warning: Spoiler Alert

I'm kind of hoping that Nick not having his Grimm powers will last for a little while, cuz I'm sure that there are some interesting things that they could do with it ... but I don't want it to last as long as they had Juliette's memory loss lasted (that was far too long and out of control). I have the feeling that they would be able to do quite a few things with him trying to figure things out (knowing that there are all of the Wesen out there, but not knowing who is, or what kind); plus, trying to help the kid figure things out as well, without putting her in so much danger that she wouldn't be able to get herself out of it. Sure, she's on her way to being a completely awesome Grimm, but she's a little too ... unstable? ... when it comes to cleaning up messes afterwards, and she seems like she might have a touch of a tendency to panic. But I get the feeling that the longer she stays with Nick and Juliette (and if the two of them continue to try to work on being solid), the kid will end up feeling a bit more secure about life and being a Grimm (cuz she'll have a place that feels like home, and people in her life that feel like family).

Speaking of the kid: she didn't annoy me nearly as much in this episode as she had the tendency to do when she was first introduced (those first few episodes with her, I kind of wanted to punch her). If she continues to mellow out a bit (feeling secure that she has someplace that is home), I think that she may be a good addition to the team ... and I may continue to not want to punch her. Also, good on her for remaining cool when the pressure was really on ... even if she did want to run at one point (but then, I don't think I could blame her for that one).

Yet again, so very close to telling Wu exactly what it is that's really going on with the world. I really want Wu to be a part of the gang, and not just cuz it would probably be better for his peace of mind if he knew the truth of what was going on. It's more that I like that character, and I think that he would be an asset to the team once he knows the truth of what's going on ... not that he's not already an asset without realizing just how much he is at this point.

There wasn't enough of what was going on with Renard in this episode, but I have the feeling that we'll probably find out more about what's going on with him in later episodes. I don't get the vibe that he's in danger of being written off of the show, and not just cuz he's our doorway to the royals. The writers would have to crazy to write off a character that provides so much tension to the plot (in the sort of "what are his motivations"/"what is he really up to" sort of way). I don't see them wanting to get rid of someone who could provide so much delicious writing for them. Of course, the actor may want to move on to something else, but I don't see that being the case right now, either.

No comments: