Thursday, September 5, 2013

'Endgame' -- Suits 3x08


Warning: Spoiler Alert

So, I guess that we’re finally done with the murder trial, and on a certain level, I’m kind of glad (since they don’t typically spend so much time on only one trial that the gang is dealing with), but it also means that I’m not going to be able to see either of my homeslices from “Game of Thrones” anymore. Even though I would love to see Darby on the show for a little while longer, I have to give it up to Jessica and Harvey for being able to figure out a way to get rid of him so succinctly.

What was so kind of fantastic about that was that it didn’t look like Darby had any idea that they were even planning such a thing, which was totally good on them. But I don’t see why it was that he wouldn’t think that they wouldn’t plan on trying to get rid of him. The fact is that he came into the firm cuz Jessica was trying to get rid of Daniel, so he should have known that she would have been willing to do that sort of thing to people, and that he wouldn’t be exempt from her doing it to him as well.

I would have loved it if they would have been able to figure out a way to rightly get Steven on what he had done, instead of having to lie and get him in a round-about way. Sure, they were still able to get him, but it still felt a bit too much like cheating for my tastes. But I suppose that we should be grateful for what we get when it’s about him. Also, I loved the fact that Donna was the one that was able to let him know that he had been caught (that it was part of the deal that was struck). It made things that much more awesome cuz of how much he hurt her. Poor little ginger.

When she was waiting by the car, I’ll admit that I wanted her to hook up with Harvey, even if I knew that it wasn’t going to happen again. The way that the two of them look out for each other all the time, even when they’re upset with each other, it makes me kind of want something more to happen between them (even if it’s completely unrealistic). I guess that I’ll just have to be happy with the fact that the two of them are friends again, and Harvey isn’t upset about Steven anymore (or that he at least doesn’t appear like he’s upset about that anymore), cuz I don’t like it when the two of them aren’t a team.

Speaking of teams, I am always pleasantly surprised whenever Rachel and Luis have bonding moments. It makes me all kinds of happy that he has someone that he feels like he can connect with (and that he can open up to), and that he is willing to listen to her when she tells him that he is way out of bounds (especially since she seems to be the only one that he actually listens to when that happens). I get the feeling that the only reason that he listens to her is that he feels like she actually cares about him, and she has his best interest at heart. Harvey tells him things that are true all the time, but cuz of their rivalry, I don’t think that Luis is ever going to listen to Harvey, and not just cuz Harvey is so confrontational whenever he says anything. And it’s awesome, too, that giving Luis a friend in Rachel, the writers are giving him a chance to be something other than a one-trick-pony when it comes to him having a rivalry with Harvey. Now, he has the chance of becoming more of a well-rounded character.

No comments: