Saturday, December 14, 2013

'Cold Blooded' -- Grimm 3x07


Warning: Spoiler Alert

I'll have to admit that I wasn't all that impressed with this episode. It actually bored me quite a bit and had me bored me pretty quickly (and I couldn't wait until it was over). It wasn't just that the MotW wasn't at all interesting to me, the legend of the alligators in the sewers isn't one that I think is altogether interesting. Maybe that might be different if I lived in another part of the country, a place where that bit of urban legend has taken more of a foothold? Or maybe it's just that I'm not all that interested in reptiles or stories that involve them. But then, it might have also been that the writing wasn't as strong as it could have been (even if I'm not all that interested in a particular bit of folklore, if the writing is strong, that can make a difference).

So, even while I was kind of disappointed with the folklore side of things, I was glad to get a bit more about what is going on with the captain and his whole working with the resistance thing. It was also nice to be able to get a look at who has now taken over as the crown prince (now that Eric is gone). I wasn't sure if they were going to show us who the new adversary of the captain was going to be, or if hey were going to have us wonder about it for a while. But the actor that they used, it doesn't matter what else I see him in now, I will always think of him as Wesley. That's just how it goes.

And the fact that not even Eric trusted this particular cousin of theirs makes me think that there is going to be some real bad news in store for Sean and all of the people that have joined forces with him. The fact that he's spying on Adiland doesn't necessarily mean anything (since I wouldn't have put something like that past Eric, or even Sean), but the fact that Sean is so super leery of him cuz Eric thought that he was untrustworthy (giving the impression that those who aren't trusted by those who are untrustworthy makes them even more dangerous, instead of having it be a case of the enemy of my enemy) makes it seem like the resistance is going to have even more trouble with the cousin than they did with Eric.

I still don't trust the idea that Eric is really dead, but I don't know why Eric would have gone into hiding (or why he would have let someone else take over the reins as the crown prince).

And speaking of Adalind ... it makes me wonder what's going on with the baby after seeing the pattern of the goo that she has to keep putting on her belly. To me it looked like a spider when she did it in this episode, and I wonder if there's any special significance to it. Maybe there might be? To my mind, it gives me an icky sort of feeling that there might be danger involved with it (like the baby might be a danger to other people).

No comments: