Sunday, May 18, 2014

'Stairway to Heaven' -- SPN 9x22



Warning: Spoiler Alert

I'm not even going to lie ... I'm not sure how much longer that I'm going to be able to stick around with this show. I know that there's only one more episode left in this season, and that there's possibly only one more season after this one ... but I really don't know if I'm going to be able to make it through next season (and it would be even more iffy if I would be able to get through any seasons after that). I'm really hoping that the show ends next season, cuz it's lost all of the mojo that it once had, and I've only been watching out of habit for the past three or four seasons. And I don't expect that next season is going to get any better (or give me a reason to stick around). If past is prologue, next season is going to be even worse than this season (since it has been getting exponentially worse every season).

I guess that I forgot to do a review of last week's episode, which should probably show just how much I'm getting over this show. I didn't even notice until right now, when I went to double check the episode number.

It wasn't at all a surprise that it was Metatron using other people to undermine everything that Cas had been trying to do (whether or not he had been doing it of his own volition, or had been doing it cuz of some crazy string pulling that Metatron had been doing through his play writing). But it was at least good to know that Cas didn't seem to have all of the God complex that he had a few seasons ago ... even if I still don't like the idea of him being a leader of other angels (since there is still the possibility of him doing that sort of thing again). And it's a really good thing that he didn't have the Gabriel Trumpet a few seasons ago, otherwise everyone would have been fucked when it came to him taking over (the boys wouldn't have had all that much to work with since he hadn't been on their side back then).

I really wish that the First Blade would get lost in the ocean forever, and that no one would ever be able to find it ever again. While I did like what the writers had done with Cain (which was a switch to what they had normally been doing with characters), I didn't like the idea of bringing in another super weapon then, and I like it even less now. It's way too much of a quick fix to stuff, and they've already proven that they're going to be ham handed with the way that they deal with how it's messing about with Dean's mind.

No comments: