Wednesday, January 7, 2015

'Paradise Lost' -- SH 2x12


Warning: Spoiler Alert

Was that really all it took to finally kill Moloch? I was expecting for there to be something ... more. I'm not saying that I'm not glad to be done with all the emo drama that they had surrounding Henry, since that stuff was getting old fast, but I was expecting there to be a little bit more when it came to killing Moloch ... that it would have come at a season finale after a few seasons (at least), instead of the season two mid-season finale. After building him up to be something completely huge, it just seemed like a bit of a let down.

And it seems as though the writers are trying to build it up so that we have Death and Orion as the new Big Bads of the series. Death has now lost all of the umph that he may have once had (as far as I see it), and has joined the emo drama that is now the Crane family. So, I'm not sure that I can really take him seriously as a bad guy anymore. And Orion ... I'm not entirely sure about him at this point. I'm kind of on the fence when it comes to whether or not bringing in an angel is a good idea or not. I'll admit that my brain has gone over to SPN, and just how much of a disappointment the whole angel thing is over there (to me anyway). But if it's done correctly, I suppose that having Orion could turn into something kind of cool ... but I'm really not going to hold my breath on that one at this point. Wait and see, and all that.

Zombie!Irving is back, and I'm glad of that. I didn't like the idea that he just died so stupidly, and didn't get a chance to really do all of the things that he could have done. But since he's back, and Henry is supposedly dead, it makes me wonder about the magics that might possibly be on him. Is he the new War now? Or is it just that the residual magic from Henry is still on him (and that's what brought him back)? I would love to have some answers on that. Also, I would love it if he became the new Big Bad for the series. If it's done correctly, there could be all sorts of torment for Team Witness if they are forced to kill him in an effort to stop the Horsemen from rising again. This doesn't mean that I want him to turn into one of the Horsemen, cuz it seems far too unlikely that there have already been two Horsemen that have connections to Captain Skinnyjeans, and to create a new one that has ties to Team Witness seems astronomical. Not everything has ties to them.

Also, I'm still really curious as to the other two Horsemen ... you know, the two that the writers have pretty much been ignoring this whole time. Who are they? Where are they? What is there deal? Are they still roaming around and causing strife? They would have to be, since we only have been told that War (in the form of Henry) is gone. SOMEONE GET TABS ON THEM! SOMEONE ACTUALLY BE WORRIED ABOUT THEM! Sure, Death and War are the ones that seem like you should be worried about them, but that doesn't mean that the other two should just be ignored.

No comments: