Sunday, January 26, 2014

'Limelight' -- Castle 6x13


Warning: Spoiler Alert

I'm kind of getting to a point where I'm not sure why I'm still watching this show. I've become more and more bored with the entire thing, and it's not helping itself. Part of the problem might be the fact that the writers have taken away the tension between Castle and Beckett by having them get together ... and part of it might also be the fact that they're no longer doing anything about Beckett's mom's death. Sure, we know what happened now, but there's still HRG William Bracken to deal with ... and nothing's been done about him in ... what? ... around a full season now. That was one of the driving mysteries that was going on before now, and it's just been dropped without Beckett trying to take the guy down for what he did (which I can't see her doing, if it really bothered her as much as the writers made it out that it did before this point).

I'm glad that it looks like we're getting rid of Pi, cuz he was more irritating than he was an interesting wrench to be thrown into Alexis and Castle's relationship. Yeah, I get the fact that she needs to branch out a bit and figure herself out some, but the thing with him just wasn't working for me story wise. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I thought that he was a complete idiot and a tool. But even if we are getting rid of him, I'm still on her side with being mad at Castle for being a jerk (and pretty much a complete child about the whole thing).

I kind of feel like the character of Alexis has sort of fizzled out and hasn't lived up to the potential that she could have had. This has nothing to do with Molly Quinn, and everything to do with the writers involved with the storytelling. I think part of it may have to do with not really understanding where they wanted to take her character once she got out of high school and started to grow up a bit. There's nothing wrong with a young person having a bit of growing pains and trying to find themselves, but it shouldn't seem as though the writers are even more confused by what may (or may not) happen with a character than the audience is.

No comments: