Wednesday, November 27, 2013

'Sanctuary' -- SH 1x09


Warning: Spoiler Alert

So, now we know that Ichabod and Katrina had a son. Interesting. And the bad things were kind of desperate to get ahold of their baby, which really makes me wonder what ever happened to him. I don't think that he ended up in the hands of anyone associated with Moloch, cuz I get the feeling that the tree thing wouldn't have been hanging around the house where he had been born for so long ... and I think that he has something to do with why Katrina is stuck in purgatory (but that's just my assumption on this). I get the feeling (from what very little we know about him and the world of "Sleepy Hollow" at large) that there is something really important about him, and that he may be the thing that ultimately gets rid of the Horsemen and/or Moloch (but that is mostly cuz that's what I want to find out).

And wouldn't it be all kinds of wonderful to find out that the sin eater is actually related to Ichabod and Katrina ... like he is one of their descendants? At this point (after finding out that Abbie and Jenny are descendants of the woman who was Katrina's midwife) that may be a little bit too ... neat (like putting a bow on everyone and everything ... kind of the way that George Lucas likes to do), so if there's a better idea out there, I would love to see it. But as for right now, I would like to find out that the sin eater has some kind of blood relation to them.

Also, am I the only one who thought that the death of the tree/scarecrow thingy was a little bit too easy. Yes, I realize that Ichabod was full of righteous indignation, but it still seemed like it was a little bit too easy. If it had been able to kill someone from Katrina's coven (someone who had been able to keep the area so very protected for so very long, and from so many people and things), it would seem that it would have been a little bit harder to be able to kill it (especially when using nothing more than rage and an axe). As such, I have a feeling that we might be seeing said tree/scarecrow thingy again sometime later on.

No comments: