Sunday, August 18, 2013

'Watershed' -- Castle 5x24


Warning: Spoiler Alert

Sooooo ... are we supposed to be concerned over whether or not Beckett is going to say yes to Castle's proposal, or if she is going to break it off and take the job in DC? Cuz like I've said before, the writers of this show don't really do very well with the cliffhangers. There really isn't much of any suspense about what she's going to do ... or at least, not for me. It's not necessarily that I know for certain what's going to happen (even though I have my suspicions), it's more that I think that they don't do that well with this sort of thing ... even though you think that they would, seeing as how suspense/mystery is pretty much the genre of the show.

I am fully going to predict right now that what's going to happen is that she's going to end up not taking the job in DC, but she's also going to say yes to Castle. Why? I have the feeling that she will torn between seeing that he wants to take their relationship to the next level, and realizing that he is only really willing to take that next step cuz he doesn't want her to leave (so, she'll probably see it as him doing it for the wrong reasons). So, NOES ALL AROUND!!

But then, I was wrong about when the writers were going to have the two of them get together (cuz I thought that it would work best if they got together in the very last scene of the very last episode of the series), so maybe I'm wrong about this. Still, I really don't think that they're going to have her leave the show ... and I just can't see them having her say yes quite yet (even though I think it will happen eventually).

Also, good on Martha for telling Castle that he's being a giant dumbie. The man shouldn't only be motivated into action cuz he's terrified of the alternative; he should be motivated to want to do things cuz he loves her, no?

No comments: