Saturday, March 8, 2014

'Mommy Dearest' -- Grimm 3x14


Warning: Spoiler Alert

WTH with the build up last week that the Adalind's baby was coming, and that the baby is going to be something truly and horribly terrible (something that was foretold in an Omen sort of way), if they were only going to have Adalind and the baby there long enough to show us that the baby had been born? GD!! I would really love it if the writers would move a little bit away from the MOTW thing that they've got going on (and which they've had going on since the beginning of the series) and move a little more toward what's going on with the world of the Wesen and the Grimms and the royals and the resistance. Sure, I get that this show is also a procedural cop show, but there are plenty of those on the air, and I don't think that any of the fans are going to hold anything against them if the writers decide that they want to move in another direction with the show (in that they show us more of what's going on in the Wesen world), cuz I really think that people are interested in what's going on there (at least, that's the impression that I've gotten when I've ventured into comment sections of episode reviews on io9).

I still want to know why it is that Renard thinks that the baby is his and not his brother's, since we still haven't had any proof as to who the father actually is, and I don't want to just take his word for it. And I also want to know why he seemed so surprised as to the gender of the baby (cuz he kind of did a double-take when he found out that the baby was a girl, as though he was expecting it to be a boy). I feel like there should be something there, but I'm not sure what yet.

I am happy that they have finally addressed whether or not the gang should discuss what's really going on with Wu (especially since he was so very close to finding things out without them telling him anything). I would have liked it if they would have told him about what was going on before he saw something, since he would have had a better idea of what was going on, and wouldn't have thought that he was completely insane (which he ended up doing). And I didn't like he fact that Hank and Nick went to see him, and they still didn't tell him anything of what was really going on; if they learned anything from how things went down with Hank, it would seem like they should have realized that telling him what was happening was the way to go.

But seeing his reaction to what happened, it would look like the fan theory that he's really a Grimm who has been pretending that he doesn't know what's going on with Nick and Hank is right out. I think that would have been a completely fantastic way to go, if the writers had gone that way, since having Wu be a Grimm would have been amazing, but it's now right out.

I'm really hoping that this isn't a way for the writers to get rid of Wu, since he's all manner of fun and awesome, and I would hate to see him go; but I have the feeling that the writers are trying to get rid of him (even if they've finally given him an episode where we've actually gotten some information about him). The feeling surrounding how things went down with him at the end of the episode didn't feel at all like the way things did when Juliette lost her memory, and they could have feasibly have gotten rid of her after that; it feels much more like they're going to leave him straight trippin' inside of the hospital, and they aren't going to go back to him again.

No comments: