Saturday, March 8, 2014

'#THINMAN' -- SPN 9x15


Warning: Spoiler Alert

I have to admit that after watching this episode, I've been struck with the desire to use #THINMAN on pretty much everything now ... but especially on things that have nothing to do with anything. This isn't to say that the stuff that happened in the episode wasn't completely tired, cuz it was.

What made the tiredness of this episode kind of worse than what the others have been recently is that not only are we now getting all of the same old stuff from Sam and Dean that we have always been getting, but now we're getting it from the Ghostfacers as well. So, now, the stupidity has grown so large and over-bloated that it has started eating itself. If there was anything that needed to be given to us as in micro, it wouldn't be the boys' inability to let things go.

I was also rather disappointed that this one didn't turn out to be a real ghost. Sure, my brain went right back to the "Hell House" episode (and the Tulpa that was used to create Mordechai Murdoch), and if they had done something similar to #THINMAN as they did with Mordechai, I'm sure that I would have been bitching about that (and how the writers were doing the same thing with this ghost as they did with the one that was there when we first met with the Ghostfacers). The writers of Show just can't win with me, and that's a fact. lol But at least I'm aware of it, right?

There were a couple of things that bothered me about this episode. It kind of bothers me that Harry and Ed are constantly saying each other's names when they're speaking to each other. At some point, wouldn't you stop saying someone's name if you're speaking directly to them, and there's no one else in on the conversation (and really, no one else even around you)? The fact that they keep doing it gets kind of annoying after a while, but maybe the writers have the do it cuz the two of them are overly dramatic and giant douches ... and they have the impression that this is what giant douches do when they're talking to each other? Maybe ... I don't know.

The other thing was the way that #THINMAN moved. When the girl at the beginning of the episode was in her room (I can't remember her name right now, and I don't really feel like going to look for it), she saw #THINMAN standing right behind her; then, she went into the closet (cuz that's what you do when there's a crazy in the house with you ... you don't try to get out of the room, or out of the house, you go into the closet with the flimsy doors that will keep the crazy out), and #THINMAN was standing behind and to the right of her. I call bullshit on that. There's no way that dude that was pretending to be #THINMAN would have been able to get in there and behind her without her noticing that he was there ... not unless she was incredibly stupid. Yes, yes, I realize that this is one of the instances in which Andreth would have been reminding me that this is genre television, and I shouldn't be expecting too much out of it making sense, but hot damn it would be nice to have.

It would also be nice if this was the last episode with the Ghostfacers. I will completely admit to being amused by them via season one, but by their second appearance they were already getting rather tiresome. But perhaps there is hope now that they have become nothing more than a trope of the boys' feelings for each other.

No comments: